On the way to a better me

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Food Glorious Food

So I thought if I remember and have a yummy recipe to share with you that I would blog about it, so here I am, I even have photos for you too.

We had a really yummy weight watchers recipe for dinner last night, and it's definitely worth sharing. So here it is:

Pasta with bacon, tomato and sour cream sauce
Weight Watchers Pro Points: 9
Serves: 6 
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins

2 tsp Olive Oil
125g weight watchers bacon, chopped
1 medium brown onion, chopped
2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
2 tbsp herb and garlic tomato paste
500g linguine
1/2 cup weight watchers sour cream
2 tbsp chopped, fresh flat-leaf parsley

1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Add a little water if the sauce is too thick. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.

2. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain and return to pan. Add tomato sauce to pasta, tossing to combine. Divide pasta among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream and serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.

I also sprinkled with a little parmesan cheese which made it extra yummy.


Something else I made myself and I just made it up so don't have quantities, but you can put in what you like and as much as you like, is a snack mix. Something I can just grab a handful of to snack on if I'm hungry and don't want anything else. I took some unroasted, unsalted nuts and added then to a roasting pan with popcorn I popped in a bag in the microwave and some mini pretzels. I sprayed it with cooking spray, sprinkled with a little salt and a little sugar, stirred it through and put it in the oven, I let it roast until everything was golden and then took it out to cool. Once it was cooled, I popped it into a storage container and then I added sultanas, dried cranberries, pepitas and chopped dried apricots.


Delicious and easy :D

2 comments:

  1. Nomnomnom. Now I want that pasta for dinner! I am trying to be good about where my food comes from though, so supermarket bacon is out (and there's no other alternatives at this time on a Sunday). I know, I'm mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks really nice and I think hubby would even eat it.

    You are doing so well Bec, you are so focused at the moment and that is fantastic. I love your HRM, it is so pretty it makes me want a new one. Mine is a boring grey, but it still works and does the job. It's great knowing how many calories you are burning. I can't wait to see some HRM Stats :)

    ReplyDelete